Why November 9th?
- It’s been 2 months since the DACA termination announcement, and there is 1 month left until the deadline for Congress to act, the longer Congress doesn’t act, the longer our community lives with uncertainty.
- We must come together, immigrants and allies from all over the country to show Congress that we will not wait any longer, we demand a clean Dream Act by December 2017.
1. Plan it!
- Design your action plan.
- Turnout Plan: the number of people you want to walk out.
- See examples! Check out the New Mexico Statewide Walkouts Here.
2. Define time and location where everyone should gather after the walkout.
3. Build your team ← click for details
- School organizer
- Live Streamer
- Police liaison
- Legal observer
4. Outreach: Make your plan to spread the word!
- Create flyer and email
- Sample flyer here
- Check out graphics here
- Find walkout social media banners and profile image here
- Share this video
5. Map out the Walkout Route
- Confirm where everyone meets after the walkout
- Route of the collective walkout
- Point where program will happen
6. Draft your Program
- Tell EVERYONE to text WalkItOut to 877877 to get updates from UWDN!
- Tell EVERYONE to call 832-742-1798 to contact their Member of Congress to demand a Clean Dream Act!
- Make sure all your leads are on message!
8.Get extra tools & tips
Celebrate. Be powerful together